Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+46
VF Hardtop
Miss DeeDee Roe
stewinperth
voitstarr
Griffo
PussyKat
falzoony
Miss_Whitton
sailoremily
Bobbi
Amylou
PaulG
Krank Handl
daz
RetroClassix
long gone daddie
lukerock
Drea
Slips
Zombie Von Dimples
sportsterboy
Kid Setzer
Blonde Dynamite <3
hewey
rockabilly rodder
shippy
mysteriousdeucedave
Lolly
Miss_Rebel_Doll
minifbvan
Spyder
Wolfman_Dan
cherrychainsaw
alyce
Flathead Kustoms
Cadillac Jim
Jimmy Trinket
leweydafly
DNA
Sianne
emily
mudflap
DeadSled
Kitten
My Little Rockabilly Kat
stephywilecat
50 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Introductions - Page 3 Empty Re: Introductions

Post by stephywilecat Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:27 am

What a lovely hat you have there daniel/shippy.

Kat! I say sticky this mothertrucker!
stephywilecat
stephywilecat

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by alyce Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:50 am

My Little Rockabilly wrote:manic panic works for everyone but only 2 days for me GRR, oh btw, how did introductions turn to this hahahaa alien

is your hair naturally red? my friend has red hair and it just doesnt hold colour. ive heard other complaints about manic panic too. have you heard of special effects/fx? they do cool colours but you have to buy it from uk or usa which is not nice at the moment.

mmm introductions tangent... pirat
alyce
alyce

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-23

http://www.myspace.com/silent_rapture

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Trinket Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:57 am

My Little Rockabilly wrote:oh btw, how did introductions turn to this hahahaa alien

er, ah... Embarassed

heh heh side tracked. Very Happy

Thanks for the help everyone. Wink
Jimmy Trinket
Jimmy Trinket

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.myspace.com/jimmytrinket

Back to top Go down

Post by rockabilly rodder Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:23 am

OK lets get back on track with the introductions again.............

I'm from Canberra and we used to have a pretty hot rockabilly scene down here but it's pretty much died a natural death, so I need to get my fix in Sydney or even up your way (greasefest).

Do any of you guys dance?

I love to dance, but it's realy hard to get a good partner, you know one that swings to the same beat and can handle the fast songs.

I have found that you can get a fix if you hang out where the hotrodders go, they seem to attract some pretty cool bands, and then there is the rods of cource.

So I hope to meet some of you the next time I make it to Greasefest Very Happy Very Happy
rockabilly rodder
rockabilly rodder

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mudflap Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:55 am

OK I intorduce my self now

i'm 36yo married with a coupel of sprogs, I used to build the street machien type car (but all chrome bumper stuff see my rides since digital photography for more info), Id always wanted a rod but never had the balls to just do it, then my wife as I was about to purchase yet another old falcon pipes up and said.

"Mudflap you dick head, you buy ASR & Cruzin every month, your always talking 32 this and 46 that, so why are you buying another falcon grab a fist full of balls and do it, get your self a 30's or 40's what ever and just do it" so I did

But any how back to me, (cause its all about me :-) I live in western Sydney, and like going to to rod runs and seeing bands (of pretty much any type) catching up with freinds, quiet nights in and long walks in the country Laughing

I don't travel to much for runs (the family slows me down for that) but I travel abit with work so I sometimes stay an extra day or go early so I can go to interstate events and catch up with people
mudflap
mudflap

Number of posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Post by hewey Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Im Hewey, 25 yr old guy from Sydney. I just love old cars (mid 70s back), and i love tiki stuff, and kustom kulture art too. Got a couple of cool bikes, and an XY wagon getting a surf/tiki kinda look to it (when I get around to doing some work on it Embarassed ). Normal people probably think Im weird. They're probably right Laughing
hewey
hewey

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mudflap Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:40 am

Love the dub hewey, pitty its no longer of this world,

what are the plans for the wagon? Hybiscus roof? metal flake?
mudflap
mudflap

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Dynamite <3 Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi Dolls & Demons.

The names Kelly. Pleasure to meet u all (insert curtsey) im 23, live in Toowoomba. Love making new friends (hint, hint Wink ) My best friend is Rachael (Cherry Chainsaw) & 2getha about a year ago started a crew of hot mommas called the Powder Room Tramps (think pink ladies i guess but a little more rizzo style hahaha) i work at JB Hifi. Umm...wot else am i meant to say here hehehe just ask if u wanna know anything

later.

Razz
Blonde Dynamite <3
Blonde Dynamite <3

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://myspace.com/who_framed_blondedynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Setzer Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:06 am

Hello all! Took me long enough to sign up!

Well I'm Liana, but Kid is easier to remember.. 19, from Brisbane.. I'm into that rockabilly stuff.. maybe you've heard of it Razz I also love tiki and a guy called Brian Setzer.. I don't have any cool cars to show off unless you mean my '95 hyundail excell Very Happy

Kid.
Kid Setzer
Kid Setzer

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsterboy Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:56 am

Hi all,
Stevo is my name - loved rockabilly since hearing Stray Cats "Rock This Town" when i was a teenager (long time ago now) - live near Ipswich now - grew up in Logan - wasnt too bad then Deadsled and Emily - but I havent been there for sometime now
Now a part owner in "the Island Party Boat" - so if you are looking for a night out with a difference or a work xmas party etc give the office a call - 32553455 - if you see me there I'll shout you a beer
In my spare time I like seeing bands, having beers and chat, riding motorcycles - Harley sportster/ Harley Heritage softail/ Xr Honda dirt bikes

sportsterboy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombie Von Dimples Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:09 am

Oh, hello there! My name is Amy and I am a roller derby girl from Perth. Nothing really special to tell about me, but I'm glad to met you all.

Zombie Von Dimples

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Slips Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:51 am

Hi I just found this place, it looks pretty cool, um what do I say, I live near Wollongong (south of Sydney) I work for a guy with a Jims mowing franchise the moneys crap but it covers fuel and rent. I’m only new to rockabilly a buddy of mine gave me some stray cats mp3’s and it was cool so I’ve been looking for more cools stuff and that’s how I found this place, I’ve always liked cool cars but have never owned one, my buddy has an old impala but its pretty much bugerd with rust he’s looking at getting another soon but so that will be cool

Slips

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:05 pm

Hooray, Introductions!
I wish I had found this thread before I'd plastered posts everywhere. But luckily plenty of you already know me and know my erratic ways. Haha!

Basically, my name is Drea (pronounced 'dray-ah'). I live in Brisbane. I like music. I like working on cars. I also like looking at them, mmmm. One of my favourite past times is painting and drawing (especially pin-up art) however I never get to do enough of it! I have a terrible vice for buying new and vintage clothing. Hoping to curb this expensive habit by going to TAFE next year and studying fashion design. Right now, I work full time in order to finance said course.

And going with the current theme, yes I have tattoos. Being handy with a pencil lets me design my own Smile I love that I have my very own artwork on my body!
No I don't have a car. Still learning to drive properly at this stage. I figure I don't deserve a sexy car until I can drive it right?

... that's probably more than enough. Yes?

Drea

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Trinket Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 am

Hiya Zombie Von Dimples! Roller Derby is sooo cool. I nearly died from excitement when I found out about the SSRG league in Brisbane. Did you go to the Derby camp? I heard it was a hoot.

Hey Drea, you should whack some stuff up in the kooky art section. I would love to see some of your work. =)
Jimmy Trinket
Jimmy Trinket

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:45 pm

Jimmy Trinket wrote:
Hey Drea, you should whack some stuff up in the kooky art section. I would love to see some of your work. =)

On your suggestion I have posted something Smile

Drea

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 3 Empty welcome everyone

Post by stephywilecat Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Hai Drea!

I haven't been on here in ages and ages.

I get neglectful like that Sad

Welcome to all ye newly joined folk Very Happy
stephywilecat
stephywilecat

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by lukerock Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:43 pm

My name is Luke, i'm 30 and I live in Cannon hill (an surburb of Brisbane). i love old rock music of the 50's-80's including rockabilly and I go to MANY CONCERTS at diffrent venues in brisbane like kedron-wavell, wynnum manly leagues club, mt gravatt bowls club and many others which i get photos and autographs from the rock stars. I work 5 days a week monday-friday as a mail clerk @ ST Andrews war memorial hospital for 5 hours and I enjoy my job which i have been doing it for 9 years. I go to wintersun every year since 2003 and I enjoy going to the shows, love the cars and the atmosphere. I know some of the people on this forum including kat,dave,drea through my space which i met them this year and some i got on my space but have not met them yet and i hope I will.
have A Good week
From Luke
lukerock
lukerock

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.myspace.com/lukesrocknroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Trinket Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:16 am

Hi Luke.

I use to work over at the Camp Hill state school along Old Cleveland Rd, which is not too far from Cannon Hill. I live over Mt Gravatt way these days. I must look you up on myspace some time.

Have a swell day!
Jimmy. =)
Jimmy Trinket
Jimmy Trinket

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:22 pm

Welcome everyone!
We have new sponsors
Moonshine traders-owners of american republic at harbour town,shake the shack events and garterbelts and gasoline.

What a Face im determined to get this forum bigger, invite people!
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Number of posts : 680

https://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mudflap Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:38 am

Can I sugest a little web promotion then, I had a nerd box "issue" the other day and had to re format, I went to google the site to find it again and couldnt I ended up contactign the Hewmister to hook me up again. so basicaly if you dont have a link for ma freind or another forum you cant seem to find the place .

That said member numbers have done exreamly well considering this
mudflap
mudflap

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:00 am

yeh yeh, i know what you mean, i think alot of people havent returned because they cant find it!
how do i go about wacking it on google? i would really appreciate anyone who can help promote this site

Last edited by My Little Rockabilly on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 3 Empty re Intro

Post by long gone daddie Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi all Names Noel wife Carol & I live on sunny coast North of Bris
Age is best termed as "old fart"
Current ride is 49 Hudson projects include 34Chevy ,65 xp ute , 58 mark2 Zephyr (for sale)
Current past time just started a 3 piece rockabilly band with a couple of cool dudes Im playing uprite bass
the band's called The Long Gone Daddies look out for us comin to a gig near u soon Ha Ha maybe wintersun
this is a great site thanks for having me life's good in koolsville[url=][url=https://i.servimg.com/u/f77/13/27/34/56/hudson12.jpg]
long gone daddie
long gone daddie

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:45 pm

My Little Rockabilly wrote:yeh yeh, i know what you mean, i think alot of people havent returned because they cant find it!
how do i go about wacking it on google? i would really appreciate anyone who can help promote this site

Hey Kat! Most search engines let you submit your URL to them i.e. <a href="http://www.google.com/addurl/">http://www.google.com/addurl/</a>. I do believe most search engines offer this.

The manual way is tedious though. With my web server you pay about $85 a year to have your website submitted to 300 search engines. Thinking of doing this once I get more on my site.

Also considering getting some META tags (search words basically) and adding them into the coding of the site.

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:43 pm

long gone daddie wrote:Hi all Names Noel wife Carol & I live on sunny coast North of Bris
Age is best termed as "old fart"
Current ride is 49 Hudson projects include 34Chevy ,65 xp ute , 58 mark2 Zephyr (for sale)
Current past time just started a 3 piece rockabilly band with a couple of cool dudes Im playing uprite bass
the band's called The Long Gone Daddies look out for us comin to a gig near u soon Ha Ha maybe wintersun
this is a great site thanks for having me life's good in koolsville[url=][url=https://i.servimg.com/u/f77/13/27/34/56/hudson12.jpg]

welcome noel and carol!! put your 58' zephyr up for sale! you sound like you have some neat cars!

Nick- don't post stuff up if you dont want to be here.

Drea- Man i need your help!!! i will have to do some reading up..
im suprised i have this many members already..just wish some would have returned..ahhh well..
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RetroClassix Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi all.

Name: Jerome (nickname is J.C.)

Work 6 days a week in an office job selling cars, although im a qualified Mechanical Engineer. Why, cause i needed a change in my life without the sacrifice of low income to support my addiction to building cars. Also have a car carrying company which i have just recently started. If any one ever needs their pride and joy moved, give us a bell.

Have owned countless amounts of pre 1970's cars. The last build was a 64 ClassicResto Beetle, the next is a full custom 30's ute body onto a late model hilux chasis with a turbo something engine for kicks.

Sorry to bore you lady's with the car jargon, but my wife is also into the rockabilly seen and we love to dance! After a few drinks of course...
RetroClassix
RetroClassix

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum