Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kats random health facts and findings

+7
hewey
Ebony
mudflap
The Zed
leweydafly
Drea
My Little Rockabilly Kat
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kats random health facts and findings - Page 2 Empty Re: Kats random health facts and findings

Post by Drea Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Oops. I think my spell checker changed it to Woolongong.

But still yes, I don't go to Woolloongabba very often at all.

Drea

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Kats random health facts and findings - Page 2 Empty Re: Kats random health facts and findings

Post by shippy Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Aspartame or artificial sweetner 950, 951 etc are ones to stay away from. Found in diet coke and other artificially sweetened products. It has sever health risks and also causes the body to crave carbohydrates.

This goes on a bit but its one of the most highly consumed items on the market today. ive posted bits and pieces but u can check the whole thing out on the web site. or just google it, theres heaps of info.

http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/dangers.htm

Aspartame is the technical name for the brand names NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, and Equal-Measure. It was discovered by accident in 1965 when James Schlatter, a chemist of G.D. Searle Company, was testing an anti-ulcer drug.

Aspartame was approved for dry goods in 1981 and for carbonated beverages in 1983. It was originally approved for dry goods on July 26, 1974, but objections filed by neuroscience researcher Dr John W. Olney and Consumer attorney James Turner in August 1974 as well as investigations of G.D. Searle's research practices caused the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to put approval of aspartame on hold (December 5, 1974). In 1985, Monsanto purchased G.D. Searle and made Searle Pharmaceuticals and The NutraSweet Company separate subsidiaries.
Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.

According to researchers and physicians studying the adverse effects of aspartame, the following chronic illnesses can be triggered or worsened by ingesting of aspartame:(2) Brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, parkinson's disease, alzheimer's, mental retardation, lymphoma, birth defects, fibromyalgia, and diabetes.
Aspartame is made up of three chemicals: aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol.

What Is Aspartame Made Of?

Aspartic Acid (40 percent of aspartame)

Phenylalanine (50 percent of aspartame)

Phenylalanine is an amino acid normally found in the brain. Persons with the genetic disorder phenylketonuria (PKU) cannot metabolize phenylalanine. This leads to dangerously high levels of phenylalanine in the brain (sometimes lethal). It has been shown that ingesting aspartame, especially along with carbohydrates, can lead to excess levels of phenylalanine in the brain even in persons who do not have PKU.

Methanol (aka wood alcohol/poison) (10 percent of aspartame)

Methanol/wood alcohol is a deadly poison. Some people may remember methanol as the poison that has caused some "skid row" alcoholics to end up blind or dead. Methanol is gradually released in the small intestine when the methyl group of aspartame encounter the enzyme chymotrypsin.

The absorption of methanol into the body is sped up considerably when free methanol is ingested. Free methanol is created from aspartame when it is heated to above 86 Fahrenheit (30 Centigrade). This would occur when aspartame-containing product is improperly stored or when it is heated (e.g., as part of a "food" product such as Jello).

Diketopiperazine (DKP)

DKP is a byproduct of aspartame metabolism. DKP has been implicated in the occurrence of brain tumors. Olney noticed that DKP, when nitrosated in the gut, produced a compound that was similar to N-nitrosourea, a powerful brain tumor causing chemical. Some authors have said that DKP is produced after aspartame ingestion. I am not sure if that is correct. It is definitely true that DKP is formed in liquid aspartame-containing products during prolonged storage.

shippy
shippy

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mudflap Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:26 am

theres some really scarey stuff inall the sugger free soft drinks,

211 is a real cracker
Sodium Benzoate - found in ie Pepsi Max, Fanta, Sprite, Sunkist, and Coke Zero among other drinks - has the ability to deactivate parts of DNA and eventually cause diseases such as Parkinson's and cirrhosis of the liver. "These chemicals have the ability to cause severe damage to DNA in the mitochondria to the point that they totally inactivate it: they knock it out altogether," Prof Piper.

theres another one in it I cant remember the number but its also very common in these types of drinks and other sugger free foods that is closly linked to depression

Its actualy good that iread this, as I used to live on these sugger free black carbinated drinks then I read a list and cut them out compleatly but slowly they have creaped back in to my diet again so reading this made me look up the old 211 and has scared me straight again
mudflap
mudflap

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 am

you drink coke, dontcha shippy?
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Number of posts : 680

https://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:50 am

What cracks ME up is when people go into Maccas and order "2 Big Macs, a large french fries, and apple pie, 2 sundaes ....... and a DIET COKE!" As if the diet coke is going to save them some calories or something!!! lol!
Lolly
Lolly

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:12 am

yeh diet coke
or water
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mudflap Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 pm

diet coke will kill you the same as all the other diet sodas baaaaaad stuff
mudflap
mudflap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sianne Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 pm

I've been using fruit based sugar rather than cane sugar.. because some health food stores tell you that it's better for you & you need much less than normal sugar.

In actual fact, when you have fruit, there are acids that help to break down the compounds & when you have the sugar without the fruit - it can't break down so it eventually turns to fat!

So really, I should be sticking to normal raw sugar & be done with it!

...simple is better Very Happy
Sianne
Sianne

Number of posts : 109

http://siannesvintageloveaffair.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shippy Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:40 am

My Little Rockabilly wrote:you drink coke, dontcha shippy?

yeh kat sure do, on occasion. but just plain old coke. not zero, not diet. just coke. I figure if im gonna drink it then il drink the good stuff, Razz
shippy
shippy

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:20 am

i'd have to say, the hardest thing seeing is, mothers walking through the shopping centre with 2 kids under 6 demanding lollies, chips and soft drink, then you look in the trolley and thats exactly what the have, and not just a few, thats all they have. The health food isle in coles and woolies sure is a ghost town.
And constantly on those morning shows- sunrise, david & kim etc they have the question 'should we be giving kids lollies to shut them up' and the answer is usually 'sometimes' its a never ending circle especially when you give a kid a lollie, which makes them more hyper active for the mother to handle, then they go off the rails with energy and demand more lollies and the mother goes 'if it will give me some peace' and around and around we go.
Katfink
p.s
the tree man on tv freaked me out to the maximum that i started to get itchy.
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:41 am

Actually I see a lot of mothers give their children fruit or crackers to chew on while doing the shopping. About as much as the ones with chocolate or lollies.

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:14 pm

i guess you would see more, with woolies and all
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Natural shampoos contain no sodium laureth sulfate which is dangerous and increases the risk of cancer.

I usually use honey (I guess its just processed stuff from supermarkets), as a substitute from sugar, but from reading this post and talking to my mum who‘s a naturopath, I think I might look into using raw honey instead. I don’t mean to get all pc but in my opinion, stealing the food from bees that have worked so hard to make is bad karma. Taking SOME raw honey from the hive while leaving the rest for the bees is the way to go I think. This might not sound strange to some but I’ve always found it weird that humans are the only animals that drink milk from another animal which is designed for it’s young.

I’ve always wanted to go vegan but it requires so much dedication! Recently I’ve been slowly changing some of my eating and lifestyle habits to be more eco and animal friendly. For example, I’ve started using soy milk (it’s definitely an acquired taste, but once you get used to it, the taste isn’t as noticeable), changing my make up to products that are free from animal testing, and I plan on making burlesque costumes and accessories that use cruelty free feathers - there are a couple of breeders that sell these feathers on the internet but birds like peacocks and ostriches only moult once a year. I’m also gonna try my luck with local breeders and farm owners.

And Kat I totally agree with you on the whole pill pushing point - instead of looking at an option which may be a bit more effort than popping a pill but will avoid harmful side effects, most people are just looking for a quick fix.

My mum and I were talking this morning about the bonus handout parents get from vaccinating their babies. For those who recall an australian government tv ad (was aired circa 1991 so I haven’t seen it, but my mum explained) which depicted a newborn with whooping cough holding on to dear life - that baby was vaccinated. While they were showing the sick baby there was a voice over explaining how the baby was suffering from whooping cough and that ‘your baby will end up the same if it does not receive the vaccine‘. How does my mother know this? She was working in the same ward where they were shooting the ad. She had been working in the infectious disease unit for 5 years and she was telling me how its not unusual for people to contract diseases that they have already been vaccined for. For example, if you take a look at some of the desolate aboriginal communities there are still many people who have diseases despite having taken the ‘appropriate’ shot/s. It all comes down to living conditions, not wether or not you have poisoned yourself with harmful chemicals. Our living conditions have improved (well, in the western world at least) since the days that these diseases were considered a real threat and there are many medical professionals and professors who agree that vaccinations are harmful, can have bad sometimes fatal side effects and even in some cases add to the risk of infection and disease.

As long as you take the time out to look after yourself you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

Oh and soy milk and other soy products in moderation are healthy for you, and is a great way to avoid cancer. Although it’s not recommended for male babies as it contains vito estrogens - which can result in the boy babies growing boobs =p
But soy is a good source of protein and apparently the american medical association were behind the anti soy propagandah. If you take a look at the Japanese they have the lowest risk of contracting cancer - with that said if they were to start on an american/western diet they’re chances would increase.
emily
emily

Number of posts : 95

http://www.myspace.com/133568770

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:37 pm

haha wow that took me so long to write.
emily
emily

Number of posts : 95

http://www.myspace.com/133568770

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:28 am

I really don't think you can completely pass off vaccination though. You barely hear about TB (consumption) and smallpox anymore, all thanks to vaccination.

And no, you can't say vaccines are 100% effective. The year I had the flu shot I got the flu! But all in all I think they have done more good than bad.

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by mudflap Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:32 am

Vaccinate me up guys, I get my anual flue shot ive have my hep shots I get my regular tetnis shots I get all other vacinstions that are required Why becuase it works I'm a volo in some prety ordanry conditions and if I can get a shot that may prevent me form pickig nup a nasty hook me up I say
mudflap
mudflap

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:47 am

10 Reasons To Go "All Natural"

The term “natural” is somewhat misleading with regard to use in cosmetics. In Australia and the US manufacturers can add 5% of a natural ingredient to a synthetic and call a product natural. This is generally regarded as “greenwashing” and such products aren’t considered natural at all. So what do you look for to get the REAL benefits from truly natural products?

Truly natural products contain no synthetic ingredients such as artificial colours or fragrances. Artificial fragrances are amongst the most irritating ingredient in skin care with the ability to cause or significantly contribute to irritating skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, rashes and hives. You will notice the difference in your skin when you avoid such ingredients.
Natural products contain no potentially harmful ingredients such as petrochemicals, mineral oils, sodium lauryl sulphate and propolene glycol. According to Skin Deep, an Environmental Working Group in the US, many of the synthetic ingredients used (in the US and Australia) in everyday skin care are potentially toxic to humans.
Natural skin care is formulated to support the healthy functioning of our skin from within and without. Humans absorb up to 60% of any substance applied to our skin. It has been calculated that the average women can absorb up to 2kg of different chemicals through their skin each year. By using natural products you ensure that what you are absorbing is benefiting your skin and body, promoting radiance and health.
Our bodies have to break down, detoxify and excrete any substance we put on them. This puts an extra burden of toxicity on the body and is of particular concern for young babies and children whose organs of elimination are not fully developed. Reduce your toxic burden by using whole, unrefined natural products.
Natural skin & body care products contain nutrients, including naturally occurring antioxidants, amino acids, botanical extracts, pure essential oils and essential fatty acids in their holistic form which is more compatible with our skin and bodies. This includes nutrients such as grape seed (rich in phytochemicals that support the skin), rose hip oil (rich in vitamin C), Carrot oil (rich in vitamin A), pumpkin seed oil (rich in zinc), olive oil (rich in squalene) to name but a few. These ingredients promote healthy skin by nourishing from the outside in.
Natural cosmetics are more active. Excluding water, often contain up to 95% active ingredients rather than 5% active ingredients in a 95% inert (non-active) base as in many of everyday personal care products and cosmetics. You will notice a difference when you use natural products.
Wholly natural products are not tested on animals.
Many of the suppliers of natural skin care are local and cottage industries. Buying these products supports sustainable manufacturing processes, the ability to maintain quality control by hand making small quantities in order to provide fresh product, small business enterprise and local communities.
Natural products are environmentally friendly. Recent studies have shown that the chemicals and toxins found in most skin care products have a harmful effect on the environment as well as they take longer to break down than whole, unrefined ingredients.
Value for money. Natural products are often cheaper than synthetic products as they don’t have to compete in the hyped brand focused market. You are also paying for active rather than inert ingredients. When considering the benefits available form natural skin care the value of natural products outweighs anything else on the market.
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2