Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queensland wins the Rose of Tralee - Imelda Sings!

Go down

Queensland wins the Rose of Tralee - Imelda Sings! Empty Queensland wins the Rose of Tralee - Imelda Sings!

Post by andrew666 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 am

Queensland’s Irish Rose Tara Talbot has won the 53rd annual Rose of Tralee contest in Ireland.

“I’m shocked, very overwhelmed and extremely proud to be representing the Queensland Irish community," says the 27- year-old secondary school teacher. “When I looked around the room today I thought anyone of us could have won. It’s been the best week of my life, crazy, frantic, the best experience I’ve ever had. It’s been amazing to meet the extended Irish community.”

Queensland wins the Rose of Tralee - Imelda Sings! 0004e7d7-314
Sweet Irish Rose - Tara Talbot

Born to an Irish father and a Filipino mother, Tara emigrated to Australia when she was five years old. Her plans to pursue her master’s degree in marketing may have to be put on hold for a while as she embarks on a year as the new ambassador for the Rose of Tralee festival.

Earlier, rockabilly singer Imelda May sought to explain the enduring success of the Rose of Tralee competition, describing it as a mixture of Miss World, the Eurovision and Father Ted. She said she was delighted to have been asked to perform her new single ‘Road Runner’ in The Dome theatre. “When they asked me to sing I said I’d love to do it, I’m a huge fan of the Rose of Tralee,” Imelda confessed, “I remember loving it as a kid and watching it on telly and loving the glam. A lot of kids get dressed up to watch it and it’s good for the whole family."

Queensland wins the Rose of Tralee - Imelda Sings! Sarah-dwyer02-2007
The perennial attraction of the Rose of Tralee contest is hard to pin down

andrew666

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down