Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get it Cut! The Sterling Hairdressing Parlour - Sydney

Go down

Get it Cut! The Sterling Hairdressing Parlour - Sydney Empty Get it Cut! The Sterling Hairdressing Parlour - Sydney

Post by andrew666 Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 am

Retro glamour is what drives Tony Vacher’s customers to his Surry Hills hairdresser and traditional barber shop - increasingly prompted by shows such as Mad Men.

“I trained in the 1980s when this look had a second revival and, ever since then, both hair and fashion has been very loose and unstructured and a bit scruffy,” Tony says. He sees hope, however, in the third rockabilly wave of the current decade. “I just think people want to look smarter again - they’re into dressing up.”

Check out Tony's blog here:

http://sterlinghair.blogspot.com/

Sterling Hairdressing Parlour and Barber Shop caters for both those who are rockabilly purists and those who simply want to sample the look for a paticular weekend or party. The shop has three sections - a 1940s dispensary and shop front, a mid-1950s girls’ salon and a traditional, 1930s-style barber, offering a cool shave.

Get it Cut! The Sterling Hairdressing Parlour - Sydney BEHIND+THE+SCENES

Originally from the UK, Tony is now committed to building his career in Surry Hills. “I want to be as close to here as possible,’’ he says, “It’s just the perfect spot for me, it’s kind of chilled out, a bit artsy.”

andrew666

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down