Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wintersun whos going

+16
Jester
Drea
long gone daddie
Lolly
Sianne
Gorilla Biscuit
Flathead Kustoms
lukerock
shippy
mysteriousdeucedave
$ BARRY JACKPOT $
dan
hewey
Ebony
leweydafly
My Little Rockabilly Kat
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

wintersun whos going - Page 4 Empty Re: wintersun whos going

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:08 am

Really Brenton. What was unsafe about it.
We didn't really get out of the stall. I didn't even hear what was going on.
It didn't seem to be as busy as usual (for a regular Wintersun)
All i heard was the car's getting stolen. I guess for such a large event you'd expect some horrible things to happen.
On the sunday we were keen to pack up when it started raining. A few stalls had already packed up and left..Very glad we hung around, it fined up!
Same every year, the Sunday in the morning rains.
I do think they should have the market going on the weekend and monday public holiday.
Next big thing in Queensland. Greazefest <3 Marti Brom
I hope you enjoyed your stay Hewey
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Number of posts : 680
Registration date : 2008-10-23

https://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 pm

found these on the gold coast bulletin website.
i had sun in my eyes..thats why i look drunk
my god, look at katrina GASP
wintersun whos going - Page 4 Katrinaandbrenton
wintersun whos going - Page 4 Mewintersun
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shippy Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:29 pm

nice pics there, i took a heap and ive put a few up on myspace and facebook if anyone is interested..

www.myspace.com/supersamurai_69
supersamurai_69@hotmail.com
shippy
shippy

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead Kustoms Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:18 am

Saw those pics on the gold coast bulletin site. They interviewed us, as did NBN News.
Not very impressed with the 'club only' parking display area in Griffith St, the number of close calls with kids being run over by regular traffic was rediculous. I lost count it was that bad. I mean really, who puts a static car show on with regular free flowing traffic running straight through it?? Unsafe and purely rediculous. Also unimpressed with the so-called 'pre 1974' cut off, but if that's the case, why did I see late model falcons, commodores etc parked in Griffith St, along with late/ current model C5/ C6 Corvettes, and an almost brand new Saleen enhanced Mustang, which was for sale (also a 'no-no', apparently you're supposed to pay the rediculous fees to enter it in the for sale / auction area) for $108000. I personally think it was the worst Wintersun yet, and I highly doubt I'll ever pay to enter a car ever again. Especially when there were numerous cars parked and displayed without the 'Parking permit' style stickers on their windscreens, which is/ always has been a requirement, not that there was anyone on Griffith St enforcing such requirements.
Sorry for the little rant people, but after paying to enter Wintersun for numerous years, they still keep failing to provide for those of us who bring our cars and create the atmosphere they depend on to attract the crowds, I'm over it. Bring on Greazefest and Garter Belts and Gasoline
Flathead Kustoms
Flathead Kustoms

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-24

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=590892637

Back to top Go down

Post by FCCOOL Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Flathead Kustoms wrote:Saw those pics on the gold coast bulletin site. They interviewed us, as did NBN News.
Not very impressed with the 'club only' parking display area in Griffith St, the number of close calls with kids being run over by regular traffic was rediculous. I lost count it was that bad. I mean really, who puts a static car show on with regular free flowing traffic running straight through it?? Unsafe and purely rediculous. Also unimpressed with the so-called 'pre 1974' cut off, but if that's the case, why did I see late model falcons, commodores etc parked in Griffith St, along with late/ current model C5/ C6 Corvettes, and an almost brand new Saleen enhanced Mustang, which was for sale (also a 'no-no', apparently you're supposed to pay the rediculous fees to enter it in the for sale / auction area) for $108000. I personally think it was the worst Wintersun yet, and I highly doubt I'll ever pay to enter a car ever again. Especially when there were numerous cars parked and displayed without the 'Parking permit' style stickers on their windscreens, which is/ always has been a requirement, not that there was anyone on Griffith St enforcing such requirements.
Sorry for the little rant people, but after paying to enter Wintersun for numerous years, they still keep failing to provide for those of us who bring our cars and create the atmosphere they depend on to attract the crowds, I'm over it. Bring on Greazefest and Garter Belts and Gasoline
i was happy, i thought it was the best so far, ive been going since 2004, i got stuck chatting so much i only saw part of zone one and a few trade stands but i agree the car show on a running street is dangerous and i think a cut off of 74 sucks, sure a HZ might have chrome bumpers and is a great car but the shapes and style of a late 60's or seventies car ruins the atmosphere, cut of should be pre 64 not 74 but i guess the late models help bring in the dollars.
I saw a XE falcon in there, last year i drove up in a immaculate FD 83 LTD, i didnt think once of it as a old car i could put in wintersun.
FCCOOL
FCCOOL

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead Kustoms Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:01 am

I don't mind a 74 cut off, so long as they enforce it. HZ/ XC coupe etc would be fine with me, I'm not that biased, but late/ current model stuff parked in the same area without paying doesn't wash with me. We got stuck chatting as well, mainly due to the pedal car/ our 'costumes' (hilarious, as that's what I'd wear every day if I wasn't wearing a uniform for work!) but I suppose for the people who only see this sort of thing once a year at best you can sort of forgive them for not understanding. Hopefully next year will be better.....
Flathead Kustoms
Flathead Kustoms

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 am

FCCOOL wrote:
the shapes and style of a late 60's or seventies car ruins the atmosphere, .

And while they are at it, maybe they should ban lurex Elvis costumes and disgusting fluro circle skirts and bobby socks as they ruin the atmosphere as well! Shocked Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Shocked Twisted Evil
Lolly
Lolly

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 am

haaha i agree lolly
i love how the people that dress like that
want photos of us, or just stare
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead Kustoms Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:51 am

the shapes and style of a late 60's or seventies car ruins the atmosphere, .[/quote]

And while they are at it, maybe they should ban lurex Elvis costumes and disgusting fluro circle skirts and bobby socks as they ruin the atmosphere as well! Shocked Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Shocked Twisted Evil[/quote]

Too true Lolly! And they rip on us for wearing actual vintage gear (the pic of Katrina, Prudence and myself above we are all wearing vintage...) and not wearing fluro stuff. We actually had a lady at the newsagent on Griffith St ask us why we weren't wearing 'rock n roll' gear, and when we replied our stuff is actually REAL VINTAGE clothes she took offence! What a cow! Gotta love the fact that they all think they're the true 'followers' of 'rock n roll' (although we're more rockabilly than anything else) and they still think fluro shirts and skirts was how it was done in the 50's. Hate to tell them.... but fluro wasn't big until the 80's!!!
Flathead Kustoms
Flathead Kustoms

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:44 am

she took offence! for real. man oh man
aren't bobby sock the most sexxiest piece of clothing ever invented

lol!
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dan Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:58 am

the best is when the guy has a shirt made to match the chicks skirt, with matching socks! check out any old clips or pics, they did not do that in 50's!! fools (but good for a laugh)
dan
dan

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:04 am

dave kept telling me to shutup when i giggled
especially when i saw a guy in a black and bright pink checker shirt that matched the girls skirt and socks..they have such fun tho don't they
listen to us fashion police! oh dear i feel a tad bad now
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mysteriousdeucedave Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:27 am

Wow I can't believe they actually said that what they're doing is the correct way, it doesn't really bother me if they're gunna dress like that..so long as I don't have to see them..I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the photos of the Wintersun Parade, was that a new thing this year? I'm damn glad I didn't see it in the flesh though cos I think I would have been sick, the photos I saw were of a whole heap of people dressed in their "rock and roll" gear walking down the street, flaunting around with a pair of giant paper glasses or something.
*wretch*
mysteriousdeucedave
mysteriousdeucedave
Admin

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:45 am

... and while I'm whinging I hate it when people ask "are you a swing dancer?" or "are you a rock 'n' roll dancer?"

I tell them I'm NOT a "DANCER", but I do love DANCING coz I love 40s and 50s music!

grrrrrr...........

And when Marc was DJing at HQ, one of the "dancers" came up and asked him to play some rockabilly instead of swing music! He'd just played "We wanna Boogie" and "Red Hot"!!

Rolling Eyes
Lolly
Lolly

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:10 am

wowza guys, winge fest
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin