Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 years when Johnny rebb and the rebels released "Hey Sheriff"

2 posters

Go down

50 years when Johnny rebb and the rebels released "Hey Sheriff" Empty 50 years when Johnny rebb and the rebels released "Hey Sheriff"

Post by lukerock Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:05 am

Hi Friends Smile Very Happy
I am writing to say it's 50 years ago this month when Aussie rock singer Johnny Rebb and the rebels released their first hit single which was "Hey Sheriff" and it was a cover version of the Rusty & Doug which it was a country song. Johnny Rebb and the Rebels' version hit the charts in january 1959 which it went to no 15 in Sydney and no 23 in Brisbane and started his career on the australian rock scene which he appeared on pop shows like 6 0'clock rock, bandstand, Johnny o'Keefe show and many others and in the 60's did a stint with the Atlantics(bombora) which he recorded singles with them. He does'nt sing anymore but makes appearences @ Wintersun. I have met him twice @ Wintersun which the 1st was on Sunday june 12th 2005 at Coolangatta Bowls Club for breakfast with the stars which I got an autograph and a photo and 2nd was at the wintersun Arena on june 9th 2007 for a show that had vicki forrest, ian b macleod,alan dale, the dekroo brothers,johnny devlin and Lee Sellers which i got an autograph and photo also.
Have A Great Day
From Luke
lukerock
lukerock

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.myspace.com/lukesrocknroll

Back to top Go down

50 years when Johnny rebb and the rebels released "Hey Sheriff" Empty Re: 50 years when Johnny rebb and the rebels released "Hey Sheriff"

Post by Judy's daughter Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Luke, I joined this site to say thank you for posting this about Johnny Rebb. Glad to know he is still alive, he was a great singer. I'm too young to remember him but my mum and uncle knew him. They told me about him and I went looking for him online and found some great Aussie music!

Judy's daughter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down