Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rockabilly Xmas Party Dec 13

3 posters

Go down

Rockabilly Xmas Party Dec 13 Empty Rockabilly Xmas Party Dec 13

Post by Lori Lee Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:10 am

Howdy everyone, Lori Lee here. In case you haven't heard via the Roundup, here's the rundown on the next Robot gig:

Rather than hold a New Year’s Eve gig on the busiest night of this year, I will be hosting a Rockabilly Xmas Party on Saturday night, December 13. The location is the Holland Park Bowls Club in Abbotsleigh St, Holland Park.

This unique building is stuck in a 1950s time warp and features all sorts of cool furniture and fittings from fifty years ago. I’m not talking about a retro nostalgia trip; this is a bona fide 1950s joint that hasn’t been changed by developers.

From the etched mirrors behind the bar to the pink and grey fleck vinyl chairs in the ladies lounge, this quaint sports club is a window to the past. There’s even a coin operated lawn-bowl polishing machine that resembles a juke box!

Performing will be the sensational Pat Capocci who hit a number of home runs at GreazeFest back in August. Traveling to Brisbane with Pat will be Danny, who fronts the new band Danny & The Cosmic Tremors. Both of these cats hang their hats in Sydney town, so please make them welcome at the Christmas Party. Rockin’ the joint will be West Texas Crude and I’ll be dj-ing too, so polish up the soles of your shoes, ‘cause there’ll be some dancing tonight.

Seeing as this is a party, you are welcome to bring a plate of food, but save your Xmas bauble earrings for the office party. Let’s keep this shindig focused on rockabilly! There is a licensed bar at the venue and under 18s are ok too if they are in the company of a parent or guardian.

Tickets are $15 and they are on sale now. The club is a medium size, so the tickets are limited to 150 patrons. You can get yours on at www.robot.com.au , but please don’t delay as they are limited and a bunch has already sold at the time of writing.

This is destined to be a top night of rockabilly, so get your cat clothes on for the last Robot gig of the year.

Lori Lee’s Rockabilly Xmas Party
Pat Capocci, Danny, West Texas Crude, DJ Lori Lee
Holland Park Bowls Club, 49 Abbotsleigh St, Holland Park
Tickets $15 from www.robot.com.au

Rockabilly Xmas Party Dec 13 Xmas-party-300
Lori Lee
Lori Lee

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.robot.com.au

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly Xmas Party Dec 13 Empty Re: Rockabilly Xmas Party Dec 13

Post by lukerock Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:58 am

Hi lori Lee,
This is Luke who is your mailing list and friends on my space. I bought my ticket yesterday and I am looking forward to it.
Have A Good Day
From Luke
lukerock
lukerock

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.myspace.com/lukesrocknroll

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly Xmas Party Dec 13 Empty Re: Rockabilly Xmas Party Dec 13

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:52 am

yessssss we are all going
My Little Rockabilly Kat