Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rockabilly vs Swing

2 posters

Go down

Rockabilly vs Swing Empty Rockabilly vs Swing

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Rockabilly vs Swing at The Troubadour

The first gig for 2009 will be the Rockabilly vs Swing night, coming up on Saturday January 17 at The Troubadour.

Melbourne’s gangster swing act Frankie Wants Out is skipping M-Town and heading up to Brisbane to launch their debut album ‘Prohibition’. Frankie Wants Out is a nine piece swing band playing original, red hot tunes guaranteed to make you jump about the room, regardless of whether you’re in a rocking pub or a classy cocktail lounge. Forming in September 2005, Frankie Wants Out is heavily influenced by the music of the New York dance halls of the 20’s and 30’s but with a modern impact from acts such as Royal Crown Revue and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

Rockabilly fans can expect just as much energy from the intergalactic Men Into Space and the hot rod rockin’ Ten Fours. You can get all this entertainment, plus rockin’ tunes from DJ Lori Lee, served to you on a platter for just $15.

Rockabilly vs Swing
~ Frankie Wants Out,
Men Into Space,
The Ten Fours,
DJ Lori Lee
Saturday January 17
The Troubadour, Brunswick St Mall, Fortitude Valley
$15 cover, doors open 8pm TICKETS AT DOOR
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Number of posts : 680
Registration date : 2008-10-23

https://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly vs Swing Empty Re: Rockabilly vs Swing

Post by derekfsmith Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:35 am

This sounds like it's gonna be brilliant! I've seen Frankie Wants Out on youtube... I'm there Smile
derekfsmith
derekfsmith

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-15

http://www.dereksmith.com.au

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum