Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sorry did your car just sneaze?

+4
My Little Rockabilly Kat
minifbvan
DeadSled
mysteriousdeucedave
8 posters

Go down

I'm sorry did your car just sneaze? Empty I'm sorry did your car just sneaze?

Post by mysteriousdeucedave Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:43 pm

Well we've all seen them, we've all heard them, we've all been next to them at the lights when we only had a stock car... you know what i'm talking about.....ricers
yes those god awful, offenses to the human eye, bastard child of japanese car designers, whose very existence is an insult to the beauty of good old aussie and american metal.
Perhaps i may be exaggerating a little, but i can't stand them, with their plastic shit hanging off them and they're 'pop-off' valves, sounds more like theyre car has a bad cold than anything else. If i had my way (which i'm sure one day i will) i would go and kick every one of their asses with a really tough classic V8, then to really rub it in do some circle work around they're little fried chicken cookers.

Surely i am not the only one who feel so passionate about disliking these vehicles, if you also dislike them have your say, or anything else you dont like just chuck it in here, we can call it the "bitching post" or something i dunno whatever just post away peoples
mysteriousdeucedave
mysteriousdeucedave
Admin

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry did your car just sneaze? Empty Re: I'm sorry did your car just sneaze?

Post by DeadSled Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Aha. Pop off valves. Its called a Blow-Off Valve Dave Razz

Also i hate them too. I'm planning on having my Chevy pickup streetable but also a Drag Car for this very purpose.

I heard one last night.. can't remember what model it was but i couldn't hear it at the lights (even with my windows down and no music on..) but then as soon as it took off i couldn't help but cringe.. ahh.. it sounded terrible.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry did your car just sneaze? Empty Re: I'm sorry did your car just sneaze?

Post by mysteriousdeucedave Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:09 pm

No they're called both nick geek
smartass albino
mysteriousdeucedave
mysteriousdeucedave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by minifbvan Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:40 am

Hi All, What ever they are called. They give me the Sh*ts.. Cheers Mark Laughing
minifbvan
minifbvan

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:25 am

cyclops lets kill em
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Number of posts : 680

https://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by minifbvan Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:31 am

LMFAO Laughing Laughing Cheers Mark
minifbvan
minifbvan

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by leweydafly Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:43 pm

might throw a spanner in. i hate the ricer style bodykits and graphics but the technology that goes into the engines interests me. im a turbo fan, especially on a V8. I can deal with the stupid ricers with there 2 story high rear wings and neons, i just ignore them.

what i absolutly hate is the exhausts they put on. 1 foot diameter muffer with a half foot tail pipe pokin out at an angle shits me to tears!!

Cheers

Mick Cool
leweydafly
leweydafly

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.myspace.com/436504185

Back to top Go down

Post by mysteriousdeucedave Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Mmm yes turbo's i can deal with. generally speakin if ive seen a turbocharged V8 it doesnt have and obnoxious overexxaggerated blow off valve, so it's not a problem
but yes those exhausts are just stupid. i especially love it when they put the huge exhaust on a stock engine and it just sounds kind of like when someone who cant play a didgereedoo tries to and just ends up with a weak wind sound through it...just really bad, yeah and little do they realise but theyve probably lost horsepower if theyve put a whole oversized system on it, ah well
mysteriousdeucedave
mysteriousdeucedave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sianne Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:13 pm

Haha,

I love classics, but I will admit I was at the drag races on Friday night... and it was good. Embarassed

I don't mind some of the plastic cars. They're fun to scat around in - too bad if you hit a tree though.
I suppose I've read the magazines for years now.

Besides, I'll have to drive a plastic one until I can afford an old Chev.
I'm considering doing up a Holden Barina just for kicks.
Haha. Wink

Last edited by Sianne on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Sianne
Sianne

Number of posts : 109

http://siannesvintageloveaffair.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DNA Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 am

I will confess to owning a few ricers in my time...........though I have never been one for bodykits.

I am down with turbo's and superchargers though.........anything that is horsepower related I'm keen on........
DNA
DNA

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by DOTTI Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:37 am

I'll have to take some of you blokes for a ride in my Evo.

DOTTI

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by leweydafly Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:57 am

DOTTI wrote:I'll have to take some of you blokes for a ride in my Evo.

Been there. must admit they are fun to drive and go like shit off a shovel, but i still prefer the classics.

Cheers

Mick Cool
leweydafly
leweydafly

Number of posts : 278

http://www.myspace.com/436504185

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum