Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bob Bogle(THE VENTURES) PASSED AWAY

2 posters

Go down

bob Bogle(THE VENTURES) PASSED AWAY Empty bob Bogle(THE VENTURES) PASSED AWAY

Post by lukerock Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:57 pm

hELLO FRIENDS,
I am writing to tell you some very sad news that is Bob Bogle one of the founding members of the US instrumental group of the 1960's the Ventures has passed away aged 75 of lymphoma. bob along with don wilson and nokie edwards formed the ventures in 1959 in seattle washington and released 2 vocal singles the real mccoy and cookies and coke but did'nt do anything. But in 1960 they recorded their version of a song recorded by johnny smith called Walk Don't Run which they had found it on a Chet Atkins album and it was released on Blue Horizon label owned by don wilson's mother Josie and was released nationally on the dolton label and also the song went to no 2 in the USA and no 1 in Australia. The group went to release many other singles including Hawaii Five O,perfidia, walk don't run 64, ram bunk shush etc and were to influence many musicians like Joe walsh(the eagles), george harrison, lindsey buckingham,keith moon(the whO), carl wilson(the beach Boys), etc. The group also has an huge following in Japan which they tour there every year and are still performing today with original member Don Wilson, Gerry McGee(member on & off since 1968), Bob Spalding and Leon Taylor whose father mel was with the group from 1963-1996 when Mel passed away and also had 2 other drummers skip moore and howie johnson. the group were inducted into the rock'n'roll hall of fame last year by john Fogerty(creedence clearwater Revival) and they toured australia in 1961 with Bobby vee, Johnny burnette,Connie francis,donnie brooks and col joye.
Bob bogle was survived by 6 children,wife yumi, grandchildren and great grandchilden and may the music live on.
Keep rockin
From Luke
lukerock
lukerock

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.myspace.com/lukesrocknroll

Back to top Go down

bob Bogle(THE VENTURES) PASSED AWAY Empty Re: bob Bogle(THE VENTURES) PASSED AWAY

Post by FCCOOL Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:24 pm

shit, i didnt know that, i was listening to the ventures today, hell, i listen to the ventures everyday.

some of the many japanese ventures imitator bands

9 year old chicchi

FCCOOL
FCCOOL

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down