Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art Magazines

2 posters

Go down

Art Magazines Empty Art Magazines

Post by stephywilecat Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:56 am

So I'm wondering if you guys know of any Lowbrow/pop surrealism art magazines or zines in Australia other than Juxtapoz?

Or maybe there's an international one that's worth subscribing to?
stephywilecat
stephywilecat

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Art Magazines Empty Re: Art Magazines

Post by Jimmy Trinket Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:53 pm

I read Fructose as well as Juxtapose. I'm not sure what else is out there. U can find heaps of books on the more popular artists such as Coop, Ryden and Robert Williams to name a few. Cheapest on Amazon... hmmm, maybe not now with the OZ dollar down around 60c to the US$

There will be a new lowbrow zine in Brisbane soonish. I just finished some stuff for an article that will appear in it. I'm releasing some new mix n match postcards(Roller Girls) that will also come with it when it is released. I can't remember the name of it... Doh!
Jimmy Trinket
Jimmy Trinket

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.myspace.com/jimmytrinket

Back to top Go down

Post by stephywilecat Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Fructose hey? That has been suggested to me before. There are a number of those books at my local library believe it or not. Just last week i finished reading Wierdo Deluxe.
But I wanted to know what people in australia was doing haha.

Please tell me more about the lowbrow zine and where I can get more info!
I looove zines (I make one here in sydney called HEP! zine)
stephywilecat
stephywilecat

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Trinket Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:39 pm

I'll find out the name of it and get some more info on the release date etc. Hey I remember seeing a Hep zine page on myspace once. You don't happen to have a myspace page about your zine?

That Weirdo deluxe is rather neat, I've seen it in the city at our comic shop. Your right about local art though, we really need some kind of publication on the lowbrow scene here in Aus, that is if there isn't already one. I have seen a few other smaller comics/zines but nothing really proffesional.

There is a guy here in Brisbane that I reckon is the Ducks nuts. Ben Cee or Sea, who does the Plump Oyster comics. I've been to a couple of his shows and his work is definately worth a peek. You can find him on myspace or directly http://www.plumpoyster.com . His GF makes neat illustrations too. Girlie Pains is her myspace page.
Jimmy Trinket
Jimmy Trinket

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.myspace.com/jimmytrinket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum