Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$75 US to send a fuel pump to Australia?

+5
Ebony
$ BARRY JACKPOT $
The Pinstriping Assassin
The Zed
Drea
9 posters

Go down

$75 US to send a fuel pump to Australia? Empty $75 US to send a fuel pump to Australia?

Post by Drea Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 am

Lady you can go JUMP!
The thing must only weigh a kilo tops! $75 US bloody dollars? *froths at the mouth*

Damn you old American car and your hard to get American parts *shakes fist*

[/rant]

How much have all you others spent on parts (and their postage costs)?

Drea

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

$75 US to send a fuel pump to Australia? Empty Re: $75 US to send a fuel pump to Australia?

Post by The Zed Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:10 am

Hey Drea, Was that for matts old tank? If so why not able to get here in brissie?
Cheers The Zed.......................
The Zed
The Zed

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

$75 US to send a fuel pump to Australia? Empty Re: $75 US to send a fuel pump to Australia?

Post by The Pinstriping Assassin Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:15 am

Luckily I got a few flathead bits from the US before the dollar value dropped, but yes the postage was a bit extreme. US postage cost almost doubled about 6 months ago. $75 for a fuel pump seems a bit much tho. Was it through a retailer or private seller? wWhat sort of pump is it, I have a few Flathead Ford ones if there the same.
The Pinstriping Assassin
The Pinstriping Assassin

Number of posts : 69

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by $ BARRY JACKPOT $ Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:00 am

Went to buy a western shirt from the states on the weekend $32 for the shirt $34 dollars to send it home what a rort. I managed to buy all my car gear from the states when the dollar had parity thank god. It would cost nearly three times what I paid now, stoopid financial crisis Mad
$ BARRY JACKPOT $
$ BARRY JACKPOT $

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:04 pm

I can't wait for the day when the dollar matches the US dollar again. Then I will spend spend spend no doubt! Very Happy

$34 to post a shirt? That's ridiculous. I just had a reasonably thick book posted to me by priority mail for $12 US with an extra $2.00 for insurance. I don't see why a shirt couldn't be air mailed for that! It's ridiculous!

Yeah the fuel pump is for the tank. The bloody thing gave out just as we we went drive the thing home from the twilight hotrod show. Phooey. So yes a fuel pump for a 1959 ford custom 300. The only real thing I can say about it is I know it doesn't have a glass bowl.

Zed I suppose he's not so optimistic about finding the part in brissy because it's for an American car. Personally I don't see why it would be any different from an Australian 59 but hey, I don't know that much so I could be wrong. There's IS however a dude in brisbane that hopefully has one for a decent price. Or we'll try ordering from joblot auto. Hopefully their postage prices are less exorbitant!!!

So glad that my dream car is an aussie one. Heh heh heh. I'll be laughing after having to deal with all these high priced wild goose chases.

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebony Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:10 pm

T.U.K's!! 3 pair $180AU JUST.. for postage. didn't even include shoes!
Ebony
Ebony

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by dan Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:17 pm

i priced a 16 inch thermo fan from JEGS, $69 for the fan, $90 US for postage! it was cheaper in the end to get it from pwr!!!
dan
dan

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:43 am

Ebony wrote:T.U.K's!! 3 pair $180AU JUST.. for postage. didn't even include shoes!

Oh god I know! I was looking at their shoes on sale the other day and found lovely ones in my size for $25. Gawd it was about $70 postage on top of that!!! *dies*

Would be cheaper to buy them full priced over here at that rate x__X

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zed Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:57 am

Drea, what motor is it running. I know a few guys who dabble with tanks
Cheers The Zed...............
The Zed
The Zed

Number of posts : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by leweydafly Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:59 am

Im assuming its running a 292 or 312 Y block??

Cant Matt just buy a rebuild kit for the pump. might just be the diaphragm thats blown out. would be a lot cheaper than buying a new one??

Cheers

Mick Cool
leweydafly
leweydafly

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.myspace.com/436504185

Back to top Go down

Post by $ BARRY JACKPOT $ Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:01 pm

When the dollar was good I got a pair of T U K 's to my door for $71 Australian, how times have changed.
$ BARRY JACKPOT $
$ BARRY JACKPOT $

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mike hunt Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:02 pm

is it going in the post or courier alot will not post

tried to buy the trim piece around the fuel door flap on a '63 chev they wouldn't post it had to be courier, then about a week or so later a catalogue the size of a phone book turns up in the mail free Rolling Eyes

mike hunt

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebony Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Drea wrote:
Ebony wrote:T.U.K's!! 3 pair $180AU JUST.. for postage. didn't even include shoes!

Oh god I know! I was looking at their shoes on sale the other day and found lovely ones in my size for $25. Gawd it was about $70 postage on top of that!!! *dies*

Would be cheaper to buy them full priced over here at that rate x__X

I'd be happy to pay full $$ over here if i could find any!! GRR
Ebony
Ebony

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:28 am

The Zed wrote:Im assuming its running a 292 or 312 Y block??
Drea, what motor is it running. I know a few guys who dabble with tanks
Cheers The Zed...............

leweydafly wrote:Im assuming its running a 292 or 312 Y block??

Cant Matt just buy a rebuild kit for the pump. might just be the diaphragm thats blown out. would be a lot cheaper than buying a new one??

Cheers

Mick Cool

It's a 292 Y block.

If we could find a rebuild kit it would definitely be preferred. Not only is it cheaper, he likes fixing stuff himself. After the time it came back from the mechanics (he was feeling lazy) the car came back completely FUCKED cause they did a really half arsed job on it. You wouldn't expect that from a mechanic who owns a tank them self would you?!

Oh yes and my thoughts were confirmed. Aussie or US part, it doesn't matter.

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by leweydafly Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:50 am

You'd be surprised what some mechanics think they can get away with.
I've seen some dodgy dodgy shit in my days, and thats from all corners of the automotive world.

Try Bursons for the rebuild kit. If they dont have it they should be able to source it for you

Cheers

Mick Cool
leweydafly
leweydafly

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:27 pm

leweydafly wrote:You'd be surprised what some mechanics think they can get away with.
I've seen some dodgy dodgy shit in my days, and thats from all corners of the automotive world.

Try Bursons for the rebuild kit. If they dont have it they should be able to source it for you

Cheers

Mick Cool

I'm not familiar with Bursons. Is it a store or a website?

Bah. Barely anyone seems to believe in doing a 'good job' these days. It's all shortcuts.

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by leweydafly Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Bursons is a spare parts store. pretty sure they are up your way. they should have a website you can contact them through. If not try Eagle auto spares down here. the carry a lot of american stuff

Cheers

Mick Cool
leweydafly
leweydafly

Back to top Go down

Post by shippy Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am

if matt wants to give me some specs i have a guy down here that could probably sort sumthing out Drea. one of those guys thats probably got a kit sitting on the shelf. He carries some wierd and wonderfull hard to find stuff. Hes also the type of guy that can look at a part and go "hey thats off this or that. I cant get them for that car but heres one of another car that will do the same job"...

the offers there.
shippy
shippy

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:40 pm

shippy wrote:if matt wants to give me some specs i have a guy down here that could probably sort sumthing out Drea. one of those guys thats probably got a kit sitting on the shelf. He carries some wierd and wonderfull hard to find stuff. Hes also the type of guy that can look at a part and go "hey thats off this or that. I cant get them for that car but heres one of another car that will do the same job"...

the offers there.

I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm sitting here with 10mins left on a New old stock fuel pump repair kit on ebay. It's an F100 - F700 V8 ford truck 1955 onwards type thing but apparently they had y blocks in australia after 55 so we're hoping it's right! At $32 AUS including postage, it's not terribly expensive and if it's wrong we can just resell it.

Let's just hope this 50 year old + rubber hasn't all perished!!!

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 am

IT WORKED! Even though it turns out the repair kits was for a Falcon. Bahaha. Anyway, that clever boy managed to get the other parts needed.

So we get to take it to the show tomorrow. Hooray!

Drea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down