Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photo printing recommendations please

3 posters

Go down

Photo printing recommendations please Empty Photo printing recommendations please

Post by mudflap Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:35 am

OK big news for the Londonderry RFS, we are finally getting a new home, we have been conducting training meetings and incident stand by in a very tired demountable classroom that had a leaking roof rotten floor and was pretty much a disgusting smelly hot box.

Well after years of fundraising and lobbying, the council/NSW government are replacing it with a freshly renovated building, and we’d like to decorate it, one of our members takes and edits some great shots and we’d love to get some mounted at like A2 sort of size.

Can some one recommend a business that does this?

As we are a volunteer organisation we would like to get it as cheep as possible

Some of Cain’s work not by any means his best work, just some stuff off his face book album

Photo printing recommendations please N1430154045_202762_7515

Photo printing recommendations please N1430154045_202751_9489

Photo printing recommendations please N1430154045_210489_5514

Photo printing recommendations please N1430154045_210469_1890

Photo printing recommendations please N1430154045_210468_1517

It’s really hard to get action shots, because when there’s action there’s more important things to do than take photos. But one thing’s for sure his photos are better than then crap I used to take http://firebusters.info/03%2003%20Incident%20Photos.htm
mudflap
mudflap

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Photo printing recommendations please Empty Re: Photo printing recommendations please

Post by Drea Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:02 am

Wow They're pretty good shots! Are they high res? Because they will need to be to get some decent sized prints.

Don't get them printed at Harvey Norman, they charge the EARTH.
One thing I do know is that a lot of photographers seem to know how to get them done cheaply. Hmmm what is their secret? Any of you guys out there willing to divulge? Very Happy

Anyhoo I do believe my father is in the rural fire service too!

Drea

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Photo printing recommendations please Empty Re: Photo printing recommendations please

Post by mudflap Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 am

yea he hakes them as RAW images so there high enough to print on the side of a bus
mudflap
mudflap

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 pm

mudflap wrote:yea he hakes them as RAW images so there high enough to print on the side of a bus

LORDY!!!

How many mgs do you need for that? Highest raw image I've had taken of me was 40mg. Crazy.

Drea

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mudflap Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:12 pm

somthing like that, he was saying its not uncomon for when he's working a photo to have it finish up arround a gb, I thought he was talking crazy talk till I saw it
mudflap
mudflap

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:57 am

Brisbane's pro lab are good + decent priced. i think you can order the prints off the net also

http://www.prolab.com.au/index.htm

if your not in Briz (which by reading your post i'm guessing not) then it might be just as easy to go into another photo lab (i wouldn't recommend places like kodak cos it's crap quality). just make sure to ask them what DPI you'll need cos some places do it differently, you don't want it to come out teeny tiny.

i don't think that really helped much....
emily
emily

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-23

http://www.myspace.com/133568770

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down