Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you use?

+7
Samantha Doll
emily
Gorilla Biscuit
Tea Birds
Sheri
Drea
My Little Rockabilly Kat
11 posters

Go down

What do you use? Empty What do you use?

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:54 am

Im interested to know what brand of makeup/hair products the ladies use on here..MAC seems to popular
i only use all natural and organic stuff..smells better..is safer..and works better (for me that is)

does anyone have a website that they go to for tips of hair and makeup and such, there is one i visit

http://community.livejournal.com/vintagehair

the is some videos on you tube..of a makeup artist that interviews alternative ladys for tips and tricks..
its Blaring out show!...hes a bit nuts, but awesome

http://au.youtube.com/user/blairingoutshow

also youtube search
civet
they are an all girl punk/rock band..best clothings.makeup.hair..farrrr out
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Number of posts : 680
Registration date : 2008-10-23

https://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

What do you use? Empty Re: What do you use?

Post by Drea Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:14 pm

I'm not very exciting when it comes to makeup.
I use CoverGirl concealer, foundation and power. Body shop liquid eyeliner, Max factor or Body shop mascara, Rimmel eyebrow pencil, Max Factor lip liner (which I use as lipstick, because it's so much better and lasts longer) and body shop blush. On the rare occasions that I wear eyeshadow I use Estee Lauder. Pretty much what I have is what I got because it was on special, I acquired it somehow or it is a product I know is good and works for me.

Drea

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheri Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:18 am

I'm pretty simple when it comes to make up as I prefer a fairly natural but "enhanced" look rather than the clown make up transvestite look you see some girls sporting.

I use:
  • The Body Shop's All in One Face Base in shade 02

• Max Factor 2000 Calorie waterproof mascara in Rich Black

• I don't always wear eyeshadow but when I do I currently wear L'Oreal Wear Infinite' eyeshadow quad in Bewitching Bronze

• I'm currently also using a combination of 2 eyeliners, a Splash Fine Kohl eyeliner called Coastliner in E01 Black to line the waterline of my eye (this doesn't look great on everybody mind you, I have naturally large eyes so it works to enhance my natural size and shape whereas on girls with naturally small eyes it tends to only make your eyes look smaller) and an NYX felt tipped liquid eyeliner in Jet Black to do my wing tips (felt tipped is SO handy!!!)

• I used to use a pencil on my eyebrows, but lately I've taken to using a powder which I actually apply with a lip brush tongue For this I also use my L'Oreal Wear Infinite' eyeshadow quad in Bewitching Bronze and I use the darkest shade

• My blusher is just a cheapie I picked up cos it was just a great shade! It's a BYS blusher in shade #4 Candyfloss

• As far as lippie goes, I have a few different ones I use on a regular basis: an Avon Breastcancer Brilliant Moisture Lipcolour in Spice of Life, a Rimmel Rich Moisture Lipstick in Icon and a Splash Wave Liner Lip Definer in Renaissance Red (which I use as a lipstick as well as Drea said it lasts longer)

Do I sound like a make up nerd now?? study haha
Sheri
Sheri

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-12-03

http://www.myspace.com/_sinistervisions_

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:22 pm

my goodness sheri baby HAHA
you should do a makeup course
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheri Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 am

Yeah you know I wouldn't mind doing one but it's finding the money...it used to be finding the time but now that I'm about to be unemployed it's definately the money!

P.S Rohan has that song as his ringtone for when I ring him I love you hehe
Sheri
Sheri

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-12-03

http://www.myspace.com/_sinistervisions_

Back to top Go down

Post by Tea Birds Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:52 pm

I highly recommend Besame Cosmetics, I use everything from them..Except foundation which they've stopped stocking, baww!!
Only thing that disappointed me from them was the lip liner..It was too dark for me. Other than that, they're not expensive...Even if the exchange rate is LAME! And they also had a $1 shipping for purchases over $50..But that could be over now and how they present them is freaking awesome.

Also use:
MAC lipliner, foundation, mascara
Avon liquid eyeliner

Tea Birds

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorilla Biscuit Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:26 am

The gun that homer simpson made to apply make up is highly reccomonded for the billyrock wenches too.
Gorilla Biscuit
Gorilla Biscuit

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:35 pm

yeh thanks for that androooo
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 am

most my stuff is rimmel because its not that expensive (i change over my make up every couple of months so it doesnt go funny) + the foundation matches my skin tone which is really hard to find. i LOVE benefit specially the herglossiness lip gloss >.<

other than that i try to use products that are natural + aren't tested on animals. searching it now people are saying that rimmel IS tested but last time i checked they didn't. it's so hard to keep track of which ones do and don't =[
i heard it was also illegal for cosmetic companies in australia to do animal testing but i could be wrong there too.
emily
emily

Number of posts : 95

http://www.myspace.com/133568770

Back to top Go down

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:05 pm

good that you use all natural stuff
so im not a total hippy
ahha
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Doll Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:04 am

I use MAC or Napolean, but some Maybelline and most Natio products are great and more reasonably priced Smile x
Samantha Doll
Samantha Doll

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-23

http://www.samanthadoll.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbi Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:23 pm

My skin is really really temperamental, and what I've found works for me is...

Concealer: Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions
Foundation: Clinique Super Double Face Powder
Everything else: I LOVE Urban Decay's heavy metal range (eye glitters), Rimmel London eye colurs, lip glosses and nail polishes. I luuurve Chi Chi's 'Boy Magnet' red matte lippy. Everything else is a matter of what's pretty and on sale!

And Chanel No.5 to top it all off.
Bobbi
Bobbi

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-23

http://www.myspace.com/bobbi_fox

Back to top Go down

Post by FieryVixon Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:37 am

I use Nude by Nature foundation and mascara. Some no brand cake eyeliner I bought off ebay and DropDead Gorgeous eye shadow. At the moment I'm hunting for the perfect red/blue lipstick for me that i can wear everyday. Next time I'm in the city I'm going to go to Myer and get the MAC girls to match a lipstick to me.
FieryVixon
FieryVixon

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

What do you use? Empty Lipstick advice?

Post by Rockn'roll Rocket Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:28 am

I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise me of the best non smudge lipstick to use, I bought myself a covergirl outlast which has great colour but it became dry after a few hours even after many applications of the mosturising top coat, it started forming like little flakes and felt awful.

I have some other red lipstick which feels sensational on but soon appears all over my teeth-eek!!

I have heard of a top coat that can be applied call 'lipcoate' has anyone had any success with this product?

I love the look of the red lipsticks but would like to either be able to apply it once in 8 hours or so or be able to reapply but not wear on my teeth..

any help would be wonderful Smile
Thank you
Rockn'roll Rocket
Rockn'roll Rocket

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MissWhiteKeys Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Whoot time for a prettified discussion xD

For lipstick I've found some pretty good shades with rimmel and Napoleon, but when I have a bit to splurge Dior has the most AMAZING baby pink - it goes on like a dream....*wipes away drool*
I've got a lipgloss from Lime Crime on its way too - a little xmas gift for myself xP which is a sweet candy apple red. I hope I can post recommending it to everyone!

Anywho, I've also started using 'lipcote' brand liplock to hold it in place. It is also...you guessed it...amazing. It'll hold your lippie all night and works quite well with the aforementioned lipstick brands.

NB: Just read your post Rockn'roll Rocket - I can highly recommend Lipcote! It does feel a little strange at first but I assure you, you'll love it xD

Other than that, I try not to use too much powder/foundation as my teenage skin tends to have a bit of a spaz (not so yay) so I go for a mattifying moisturiser instead a then a little tinted moisturiser if I need it.

The only other truly wicked thing I use in terms of makeup is gel eyeliner - which is applied with a little brush and, after accidentally jabbing myself in the eye with one of the liquid eyeliner pens, seems to be the easiest application method for me. I found the best (and cheapest) stuff in a little asian shop called Cosway - although I think that Napoleon also makes something similar which is bound to be good....

I am in the market for a new clear mascara......ideas anyone?
XxX
Missy
MissWhiteKeys
MissWhiteKeys

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum