Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy Orbison the Soul of ROck and Roll

2 posters

Go down

Roy Orbison the Soul of ROck and Roll Empty Roy Orbison the Soul of ROck and Roll

Post by lukerock Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:57 am

Hi there friends,
on XMas eve I went to Jb Hi Fi @ Chermside and bought the boxed 4 CD set by Roy Orbison called "the Soul of Rock ANd Roll which i got to say it's FANTASTIC, great music and great rock'n'roll. the boxed set was put together with the help of Barbara Orbison(roy's 2nd Wife) which it 107 songs and has great stuff on it which besides the hits and some of the albums tracks it has some live tracks never heard like "What I'D Say" recorded in europe in 1965, Land of 1,000 Dances which was recorded in Melbourne in 1972 and It's Over which was the last song he ever sang live in Ohio on December 4th 1988 as he died 2 days later as well as demos of stuff that was never released commerically including CLaudette, i give up, Bad Cat, You tell Me etc, the sun recordings including OOBY DOOBY which went to no 59 in the USA in 1956, rock house,go go go etc and the single he released for RCA in 1958 called ALmost 18 as well as an concert advert for a show @ Overton Park Shell Concert on June 1956, the single that lovin you feeling again which he did with emmylou harris in 1980 which he won an grammy and the 1987 version of crying with KD Lang and also it covers over 30 years of his career. it's hard to believe that he passed away in 1988 but the music is there and will be around forever. if you would like this BUY IT and it will be great to hear the music.
Have A Great Day, rock On and Keep rockin
From Luke
lukerock
lukerock

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.myspace.com/lukesrocknroll

Back to top Go down

Roy Orbison the Soul of ROck and Roll Empty Re: Roy Orbison the Soul of ROck and Roll

Post by My Little Rockabilly Kat Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:29 am

Nice luke! i might have to go grab it for my dad he is a mega fan Smile
My Little Rockabilly Kat
My Little Rockabilly Kat
Admin

Number of posts : 680
Registration date : 2008-10-23

https://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum