Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Warp Wives

+2
stephywilecat
emily
6 posters

Go down

Time Warp Wives Empty Time Warp Wives

Post by emily Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:48 am

all i can say is WHAT THE HELL

click

these are the only vids i could find on it, i think it was a mini series doco thing. there's an article here to go along with it.
emily
emily

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-23

http://www.myspace.com/133568770

Back to top Go down

Time Warp Wives Empty Re: Time Warp Wives

Post by stephywilecat Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:05 pm

I've seen this story a couple of times in LJ communities.
Some of them said they knew these people personally and that these stories were highly sensationalised to make them seem like ignorant, recluse types who are absolutely in denial about everything. You can't expect less from any kind of commercial media.

I've got too much of a postmodern way of thinking to be able to do that. I wish I had just half of the shit that they owned, it takes guts and it takes knowledge so I admire that.
stephywilecat
stephywilecat

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 pm

yeah i read somewhere that the red head chick was outraged by the network and felt that she was mis represented. she apparently also said that she initially agreed to do the doco because she thought it would further her career as a doris day impersonator 0____0

i just find it amusing when people say things such as "oh I would of loved to of lived in the 50's, things where so much nicer + easier back then."
sure if you were white! muahaha.
emily
emily

Back to top Go down

Post by Drea Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:07 am

emily wrote:
i just find it amusing when people say things such as "oh I would of loved to of lived in the 50's, things where so much nicer + easier back then."
sure if you were white! muahaha.

Yeah and get your arse kicked if you are gay or have tattoos/piercings.
Or are suspected of 'communism' a.k.a McCarthyism

Drea

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by stephywilecat Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:28 pm

as an asian with strong leftist tendencies, i don't think I would've enjoyed the 1950s, despite all the cool shit I'd be able to get.
stephywilecat
stephywilecat

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pinstriping Assassin Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:06 pm

I think I could live in the 50's, though everything cool would be commonplace. People on a different bent, tattooed or otherwise, would stand out unlike today where it's the norm.
Today things are too easy to come by and easier to throw away.
I would prefer to live in the 20's. Mechanised transport was opening up new boundries for uncharted adventure and the art deco age had just begun (i love machine age and art deco style).
Now everythings been done and its hard to find a place where peoples grubby, greedy hands havn't been.
Viva la Revelution.
The Pinstriping Assassin
The Pinstriping Assassin

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slips Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:32 pm

I'm happy to live right now

As if we lived in 20's - 60's we wouldn't have all the stuff we enjoy about today mobile phone's PC's, lap tops, internet things are comparatively cheep now as well compared to then there's a reason why people are fatter today than they were back then, they can afford the food, (that and there's a lot note junk options available now but that don't help my point)

The best thing about today is we can look back at all the cool things of the time fondly and also experience them to a certain extent with out having to experience the negative side of things such as poor working conditions and prejudice against things tatts and piercings etc

Slips

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Slips wrote:I'm happy to live right now

As if we lived in 20's - 60's we wouldn't have all the stuff we enjoy about today mobile phone's PC's, lap tops, internet things are comparatively cheep now as well compared to then there's a reason why people are fatter today than they were back then, they can afford the food, (that and there's a lot note junk options available now but that don't help my point)

The best thing about today is we can look back at all the cool things of the time fondly and also experience them to a certain extent with out having to experience the negative side of things such as poor working conditions and prejudice against things tatts and piercings etc

yes i agree. live in the now and buy all the cool shit off ebay!
emily
emily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sianne Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:27 am

Oooh. Those people piss me right off.

The 1950's in Australia.. women had only been given the vote 50 years ago, still no social security for women & children in abusive homes, racism at a peak for Germans, the Japanese & Aboriginals.. (1/2 my family is German), women had little chance of getting a high paying job because men had priority, no shopping centers - only corner stores, very little transport options, very basic telecommunications, divorce was unheard of & looked down upon, even in a case of domestic violence etc. I could go on for hours.
Yes, cool 'stuff' came out of the 50's in America but honestly, I would go insane.

Those 'Time Warp' people are just naive.
They'd have a completely different perspective if they came from a dirt poor redneck neighbourhood with no jobs available & a wife bashing husband.. but clearly they have never read about anything negative that went on in the old days.

End of Rant.
Sianne
Sianne

Number of posts : 109

http://siannesvintageloveaffair.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down