Rockabilly & Kustom Kulture Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designing rockabilly fashion - help would be very appreciated!

4 posters

Go down

Designing rockabilly fashion - help would be very appreciated! Empty Designing rockabilly fashion - help would be very appreciated!

Post by Lisa Maree Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:33 am

Hi everyone Smile

I'm just new to this forum, and also pretty new to the rockabilly scene and would like to say hello! I've been a bit of a casual rockabilly fan, but lately have really wanted to immerse myself more with it - I love the music and fashion, and just naturally seem to gravitate towards it! So I look forward to getting to know you all more Smile

Also, I would also really like some help if you are able to. I'm a graphic design student and have an assignment to design a fashion label and T-Shirt. I would like to design a rockabilly/psychobilly brand and tee. I've actually been thinking about eventually designing quite a few different fashion items and accessories of my own accord down the track, so I guess this gets me off to a start!

Anyway, if you could spare a couple of minutes I would so, so, so appreciate it if you could answer a few questions for me. I only need to get at least 2 replies! (market research component of the assignment! Laughing)

1. Can you please tell me your Age/Gender/Approximate location.

2. Where are your favourite places to shop for clothes (both online and in person)?

3. What attracts you to your favourite shops? That is, what do you like best about them?

4. What is your favourite outfit that you own?

5. What are your favourite colour combinations and patterns?

6. What are some of your favourite rockabilly/psychobilly icons/symbols? (eg. pin-ups, zombies, anchors etc.)

Sorry to bombard you with these questions in my first post, but any help you can give me would be awesome! If you don't want to post your answers in public, please feel free to PM me.

Thank you, Lisa xox

Lisa Maree

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Designing rockabilly fashion - help would be very appreciated! Empty Re: Designing rockabilly fashion - help would be very appreciated!

Post by Lady C Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:43 am

Hey lisa, im new here too. Been into pin up and rockabilly for a while and im currently creating my own rockabilly clothing label! Hard yards if you ask me, but i love designing my own dresses and the whole creative process!

Unfortunatly for you, i cant answer half the questions you asked because ive never bought any rockabilly clothes, ive made all my own... lol!

Hopefully some one else can help you out, id love to see your finished project tho and your welcome to ask me if you have any questions or need any help! I dont claim to know much, but ill help where i can.
Xoxo
Lady C

Lady C

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Designing rockabilly fashion - help would be very appreciated! Empty Re: Designing rockabilly fashion - help would be very appreciated!

Post by hewey Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Welcome Lisa Very Happy

I know whats it like doing surveys for uni so Il give this a crack Wink

28, male, Sydney

2. Where are your favourite places to shop for clothes (both online and in person)?
Vintage stores, forums (the bike forum rat rod bikes does awesome custom bike shirts), the shop who always have a stall at the nostalgia drags (dont know their name sorry).

3. What attracts you to your favourite shops? That is, what do you like best about them?
Clothes I likeie. the designs, style etc

Cons, jeans, vintage vest, business shirt, woolen peaked cap

Plain and bold - Black, red and white

6. What are some of your favourite rockabilly/psychobilly icons/symbols? (eg. pin-ups, zombies, anchors etc.)
Hot rods, tikis, pin ups
hewey
hewey

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lola Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 am

Hi lisa maree ,

I graduated from fashion design , so i'm glad to help . It's a fun process and hope you have a real kick doin it. here's my answers :

25/female/geelong (victoria)

I find it hard to shop for the 1950's/ rockabilly as there is nothing in my hometown so i usually shop on my own website : http://rockabillyshopandbop.com/ . you should check it out as there is a big section on rockabilly t-shirts, that might give you some inspiration

i think alot of factors are important ....products, location , staff , and visual merchadise

I have a red strapless knee length dress with black hearts on it ....with layers of tulle underneath ...very 1950's ...surprisingly i bought that one in valleygirl !!

i lovvveee red and black .....there's something so retro about that combo ....or black and white together. as for patterns , i like polka dots, cherries and check.....i think these patterns are best for the rockabilly style.

I simply adore gil elvgren's pin up girl artwork pieces....love their poses, i love betty grables innocence , bettie page's seductivenese, and elvis has to be my ultimate rockabilly king ....altho im a big fan of buddy holly too.

hope this helps.
good luck with the assignment

lola

lola
lola

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-09-05

http://rockabillyshopandbop.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down